Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

PRE


Watched this movie last night.

Hadn't seen it in a long long time. I actually used to be able to run back in those days. Brought back many many memories.

Some classic Pre-isms ...........

"There may be men out there who can beat me, but they're going to have to bleed to do it."

"I can endure more pain than anyone you'll ever meet. That's why I can beat anyone you'll ever meet."

He was a dam icon, a superstar, a cult figure, and a phenom all rolled into one. Possibly one of the best runners of all time................?!?

When I was running in high school,Pre held the American record in EVERY distance from 2 miles to 10,000 meters.

He raced from his heart, hated tactics, and thought each race was a work of art. He died tragically at the age of 24. I couldn't watch that part of the movie.

His coach made him some running shoes, then went on to start a little sports shoe company. You may have heard of it.










NIKE

"I don't want to win unless I know I've done my best, and the only way I know how to do that is to run out front, flat out until I have nothing left. Winning any other way is chicken-shit. "

RideOn

JB

Comments:
D A M N!!!!!!!!
 
word.
You gotta race commn' up?
Getting all in the zone and sh*t.
Good luck.
j
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?