Tuesday, September 29, 2009

 

Kids These Days....

Like fallin in love all over again:

Read this race recap :


"There were about 70 or so riders in the road race. I liked the course, very
punchy steep climbs, banked turns, flat/downhill finish. I really put a lot of
focus into this race. Unfortunately, out of the 3 Americans I was the only person who made the front group. While everyone else in the front group had a teammate. But either way I was grateful to even be in the front group. When the attacks started to come I was able to respond, but the 1 that I really needed to follow I missed. It is difficult to cover all the moves on my own, but I had to do what I had to do.
When the break of 2 Italians, 1 French, and 1 Russian gained 1minute on the last
lap I had to try to make one last move to bridge to the group. I attacked hard
and got somewhat of a gap, but the Italians would not let me go. I looked back
and they were chasing hard, but I kept driving. "


Now try to imagine who wrote it. Fairly obvious it was at an international competition (It was at the Worlds). Sure sounds like like it could be from an experienced pro.

The writer/racer actually has 24 national championships!!!

AND .............. SHE is only 16 years old. Holy crap!!!

Props to Coryn Rivera.

oh yeah - - she races pro women crits and has already beat Tina Pic in a sprint. Unbelievable.

RideOn

JB



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?