Monday, August 22, 2005
SSWC and a Day of Rest
- Marla Streb was the fastest on the SS AND the Go-Cart!?!?
- A dude from Wisconsin, Jesse LaLonde was first finisher on a RIG followed by Travis Brown
- Some other guy gets the headbadge with a better go-cart performance.
- Fun was had by ALL, so by just being there ya'll are winners.
- The INK got DONE!
- Adult beverages were non- existant.
- RickyD was and is a rockstar.
- There were so many purple RIGs that more than one person grabbed the wrong bike during the LeMans start, and Gary Fisher himself couldn't find his own ride. HA!
- There was NO cross-dressing
Now remember you can't always believe what you read.
My RIG was all dressed up and ready to go, but too late for the show. Maybe next year.
For those unfamiliar with the madness:
People from around the WORLD gathered in State College Pa. to ride SS bikes in a non-race race. The online registration filled up the 400 spots in 2 hours.
About "Winning" from the SSWC site:
Speaking of winning (and whining), lets hit this one last time. The top placing will be determined on the go-cart track. If you're one of the few whining 'cause you're super fast and you've been training all year and what does go-cart racing have to do with real mountain biking anyway-hit the NORBA nationals. Top 20 men racers and 10 random riders will do battle in 3 heats advancing to the final heat of chaos (and driving). The same for thee women with the top 10 doing battle on the track in one fabulous heat!
Sounds like my kind-a fun.
NO NO NO NO NO ridin' today................... NONE NOT 1 BIT