Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

A New Year is Here

Hope everyone had a safe, fun, New Years Eve and Day. I fell asleep on the couch by 10PM. Resisted the temptation for much fun and games. JK and crew got a nice New Year rideOn in sunny, warm (NOT!) Iowa. More photos and story here. WTG

Predictions on the number of finishers in Trans-Iowa are being bantered about on the forum. Those that know say around 10-12. I am totally clueless. All I can take responsibility for is myself. Based on that I predict at least 1 - ME! I'll certainly give it all I have in training, then enjoy the race as much as you can enjoy a "good kick in the package." That's what it's all about. I sure don't have plans on winning the thing, there's many more qualified riders entered. I'm just looking for another way to expand the envelope a bit.

With all the variables that are part of race like this, this far away, I don't think anyone can be too sure about finishing at this point. There's too much ground to cover between now and then. Train, plan, prepare, and enjoy the ride. 'ts all one can do. Certainly gotta think the return T-I'ers have the edge as far as what to expect. I think 4 riders that finished last year are returning. I know at least one that didn't make it last year is returning. I wonder how many more are coming back for a second shot at it?

Photo from the training table.

Here's to the New Year!

JB

Oh yeah - still working on the new banner, more stuff to iron out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?