Thursday, September 15, 2005
Makes Me Wonder
Doing a quick "Danny Chew" analysis of the past results for the ADK 540 revealed a few facts:
- 3 people have attempted 2 laps, none have ever finished.
- No one has ever attempted 3 laps (405 miles)
- The course record for 4 laps is held by Rainer Klaus from Germany, who also holds the record for the Furnace Creek 508. His average speed was faster at the 508. He went on to place 5th in RAAM and earn the Rookie of the Year award.
Hmmmm, makes me wonder:
- Why don't more people enter?
- Why do so few finish?
- What makes one drop out so close to the end?
- What am I getting myself into?
- Why am I even considering doing this?!
I'm sure the answers will come.