Monday, August 27, 2007

 

and The Babies on the Bus Go ........

Getting over a cold/flu/whatever, complete with chills and night sweats. Sucks. Went to ride the Ravine on Friday and made it off the Island with out a hitch. First lap wasn't bad, shoulda quit while I was ahead, but the golden rule of road trips rule must be followed. So I limped through a few more. Didn't really realize how hot it was till stopping around 2:30 in the afternoon and find my shoes and socks feel like I'd been swimming in them, just puddles of sweat. I hate sweat running into my eyes when riding but always seem to forget where I put my sweatbands. Pithes me off even more when I find them in my trunk at the end of theride. The trails up there are my favs and in some sweet shape. A few washed out areas from the rain, but still nice and dry. The EPIC handled things very well.









Since I started MTBing a few years ago, Marl Ravine has always been a yardstick for fitness. Especially that last hill. You know the one. For 2 years I've been trying to make that hill my friend, but now I realize it's just a fruitless desire. That hill just isn't friendly, kind, OR nice. That's the way it is, that's the way it will be. Doesn't matter how fit I may be feeling, what gear I use, or what pace I take. Granny gear, middle ring, it just DOESN'T MATTER. Feels like my heart's gonna explode out of my chest everytime I make it to the top.

Saturday's early group ride was filled to medium capacity. Confirmed one thing - I'm still under the weather a bit. Didn't feel too, too, bad, till trying to recover from an effort. Nothing there. And the babies on the bus go WAH WAH WAH.


Like last year had planned on getting up at 3AM and driving to the the Blue Ridge Extreme Century. Was really on the fence. A pep talk and hug from my favorite motivational speaker made all the difference. Had the climbin' gears on the bike, packed up and ready. 3AM - alarm goes off, I've neither the energy or fortitude to drag my butt to the car and make the trip. (WAH WAH WAH). The team did put out some great efforts. Next year ............

Probably for the best. Spent a day of gettin' shite done, which in this case meant hours BEHIND THE BROWN DOOR.

More on that later.

RideOn wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah

JB

Comments:
wow, sorry you were sick man. Lots of folks have been getting stuff. Hope I can avoid at least until after the race ;)

ps. I do NOT want to know what goes on behind the "Brown Door"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?