Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Things That Make You go MMMMMMM

2 hours on the rollers today. I'm trying hard to embrace the indoor thing. I can certainly see why people congregate to spin and roll together. Some people even have roller RACES! (from JY) Anything to embellish the monotony. We have no House of Pain that I'm aware of, so I'm stuck whiling away the pedal revolutions alone and trying to occupy my mind with furtive thoughts that'll keep me from riding off the edges of those round cylinders.


Top 10 things to do while you're alone on your rollers

  1. Sweat
  2. Watch TV
  3. Sweat
  4. Listen to music
  5. Sweat
  6. Become fascinated with the patterns of sweat droplets as they rain down from everywhere........
  7. Take pictures - The photoblogging rider has even fewer camera angles available on rollers than outside, not to mention a TOTAL lack of scenery and subject matter.
  8. Try to ride no handed - I haven't done this yet and don't know if it's even possible, but I'm sure someone can. I'm sort of sure in my ancient past (in Cleveland Ohio) when rollers were a regular winter routine, I tried the no-handed thing, but can't remember if I could ever do it. I do remember hitting the floor at full spin a few times and riding into the TV back then - maybe no hands was the cause.
  9. Sweat drop art - I actually thought about putting some brown paper down on the pad and trying to draw things with the sweat drops. Problem is you'd have to get off and change the paper every 30 minutes or so it wasn't just 1 big puddle. Heck, it would evaporate anyway and your sweat art would just be a fleeting masterpiece at best.
  10. Ride with your eyes closed, listen to the rollers, then make the

    mmmmMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmMMMMM

    sound more like a steady

    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    Or even better

    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

    This is the most fun and productive of all. Works even better in the dark. Really gets the pedal stroke smoothed out.



If this is what it takes to be the best...........I don't want any.

RollOn!

JB


Comments:
i didn't realize how much a human can sweat until riding indoors. a buddy mentioned that the heart rate is increased indoors due to heat and fan will keep it down, giving better workout? don't know if that's true, but it sure feels good to have air flow. can almost close eyes and pretend you're outside. yeah, right!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?