Monday, January 23, 2006

 

This N'At


Local MTB news.

IPSWITCH is open and rideable. I've heard of this old trail from a number of folks but never been there as many said it was in a terrible state of disrepair. Seems like some folks have stepped up and done the work. Cool and big thanks to those involved. Have to get out there and try it now.

Other Stuff

The initial fury over the new RAAM rules has subsided somewhat after many flames on the ultracycling board. Lou has been approved for the "new" old style race, and UltraRob is out there loggin' miles and climbing those obscene "steps". The race roster is expanding with notable addition of Tinker, Kenny Souza (I guess he likes beer) and others. It will be really interesting to see how this all pans out with the riders and media. Still no date set for the airing of last years RAAM. This is the time of year NBC normally shows it, but I haven't seen or heard anything yet. They have updated the FAQ page for 2006.

This guy is putting some SICK hours in on an indoor trainer. Totally beyond the comprehension of my feeble mind. Here I sit beside myself in total awe. I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do when you live in the great white north 'EY?

Got some neat ideas about some epic rides for this year. All I can say is two words : solo, self-supported. Or is that 3 words? Maybe 2.5? I dunno.

RideOn

JB

Comments:
John, let's go hit the Switch! I will show you around...
 
Man I'd be honored! A chance to ride with the last reigning "King o' the Switch"!!

I got an email from Jon and his buddy Corey who have putting the work in to fix the place up. I may make it out there on Friday. Check your email, I'll forward the trail details Jon sent me. They want to establish the end of Miller Rd as the trailhead.
 
I see... They did a fine job on the map! I really look fwd to checking it out. It's been a while
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?